The Mission: to provide leadership and resources to connect communities, cultivate a prosperous economy, and create a flourishing quality of life.
An increasing number of Americans are seeking the advantages of a small-town lifestyle. Some are tired of big city hustle, bustle, traffic and crime. Some seek personal engagement opportunities; others see advantages for their family in education and participation. Some seek a blend, living in a small town but commuting to jobs in nearby larger cities.
Those with a big city perspective often view rural counties as slow-moving relics from a past era. That perception is valid only if the rural county allows it to be, and Randolph County United is committed to blowing that myth apart.
The key is a comprehensive plan that delivers modern ideas and infrastructure while maintaining the best qualities of our rural / small town heritage.
Randolph County includes small cities and towns surrounded by fertile farmland. Each part of our county includes important resources and talented people.
As a UNITED community, we offer more housing opportunity, a larger workforce, greater support resources for business start-ups or relocations, more brainpower to tackle problems, more lifestyle alternatives for citizens. The list goes on!
Simply stated, major progress comes from major initiatives successfully implemented. When viewed from the perspective of any one small city or town, resources can feel too limited to boldly tackle an initiative. When viewed through the lens of a united county with resource-coordinating leadership, the initiatives become realistic...then real.
- Economic efficiency comes from combining the functions of Economic Development, Chamber of Commerce and Tourism in one location with one staff.
- Project priorities are set by a Board of Directors consisting of leaders from across the county.
- City/town focused projects are initiated by local leaders and committees that work collaboratively with the RCU staff.
- The top-of-page menu links to the three core functions: Economic Development, Chamber of Commerce and Tourism.
- About RCU includes a link to the Five Core Initiatives and a listing of staff, and important contact information.
- The JOIN button, center of home page, leads to specific member benefits and the sign-up procedure.